Whoa Random

So to break up things a bit, here are some interesting facts for your amusement:

- Ligers exist; yes, you heard me correctly. Napoleon Dynamite did not actually make them up, much to my amazement. A liger is a cross between a male lion and a female tiger. Wikipedia says so.

- The Great Wall of China is actually NOT visible to the unaided eye from space, even in low earth orbit.

- The word dord was included for five years in Webster's Dictionary starting in 1934. Unfortunately, this word does not exist.

- Chop Suey, a classic Chinese dish, is American in origin and literally means "odds and ends"

- Neil Armstrong intended to say, "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind," which would have made a lot more sense than what he really said. When he saw his quote in the newspapers, he verified this.

- You can work out the temperature by counting how many times crickets are chirping outside, though I can't tell you the exact relationship.

- There's some guy in Australia who calls himself Prince Leonard and he rules over a self-proclaimed principality called the Hutt River Province - they even have their own currency! And the Aussie government seems to be okay with it!

Well, bedtime for me. Hope you have enjoyed these random facts.

5 comments:

johnV said...

Hi JP!

Welcome to the Blogspot group. Like you, I'm new to the group too. This is a very informative post and a very distinctive blog. I'll be coming back for more food for the thought... and if my 1st impression is right, more for the soul. Cheers!

johnV said...

BTW,

I hope you can find time to drop by my blog.

Robin said...

We actually talked about Ligers in my geology class (we were discussing evolution and cross-breeding species....yes I know the class name is "geology"). The other combination is Tigon - the difference is based upon whether the male/female is lion/tiger or tiger/lion. I'll email you a picture if you want :-)

johnV said...

I've read of such cross-breeds before. Yes, I'd love to have that pic! Do send it over.

johnlazy said...

Hi jp nice content of your blog. You can still improve the layouts.